Advanced OBD2 Code Reader Scanner Reads "Check Engine Lights"
Our basic yet advanced OBDII reader can read your computers diagnostic codes.
Have a check engine light on? Don't waste your time renting one!
- Easy, simple connection to most vehicles 1996+ under dash connection
- Read your computer error codes and then check online via google or OBD website.
- Reset Codes
- Works on 95% of vehicles within USA
- May not work with some European spec vehicles such as Porsche, Some VW, Audi and Subaru
- Retrieves generic and manufacturer specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
- Features an easy-to-read LCD screen, multilingual menu and DTC definitions and standard 16-pin OBD-II connector; no additional cables are needed
- Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification No) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9; powered by cars electrical system, so no batteries required
- Works with all OBD-II compliant U.S., European and Asian vehicles (OBD-II is standard on all cars sold in U.S. after 1996)
- Supports the CAN protocols and all other current OBDII protocols
- View freeze frame data
The CAN OBD-II Code Reader provides auto enthusiasts and DIY's with an easy, portable and economic way to check Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and their definitions for OBDII compliant vehicles. OBDII is the 2nd generation of onboard diagnostics and has been a mandatory requirement for all vehicles sold in the US since 1996, both domestic and imports. The GTEOBD supports all current OBDII protocols--communications between your car's components and systems, including the newly released Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol. Draws power from your car's own electrical system the unit does not require batteries or an AC adapter. Simply plug it in via its standard 16-pin OBDII connector at the first sign of trouble and start diagnosing, regardless of your post-1996 car's make or model.